Very few companies have a systematic leaders development program in place that equip people with the right tools. Rarely there is a systematic soft skills training available. This is why managers frequently work long hours and sacrifice their private life, while their development is chaotic – reading random books, articles on the Internet and attending conferences. We wanted to make a change by creating an effective training cycle that covers best, industry proven techniques for project management, personal and team productivity, interpersonal communication and making presentations.
Group of 10-15 people
- Future IT team leaders, preparing to take on this role.
- IT team leaders without much experience in this role.
- Experienced IT team leaders willing to develop their soft skills.
Managing a project
- Project management frameworks – Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban; Agile Manifesto.
- Dividing into iterations, customer scenarios, breaking down into tasks.
- Optimizing end-to-end process of software development.
- Evolution of a Task List and Product Backlog (1h)
- 8 dimensions of a task list, Eisenhower matrix, Pareto principle (2h).
- Vision, Mission, Strategy, Goals, Tasks (2h).
- Avoiding burnout – 4 circles, Flow, Fun Theory (2h).
Team, roles, cooperation
- Belbin team roles, my role (2h).
- Various interpersonal communication styles and helpful tools – 6 thinking hats by de Bono (2h).
- Role of emotions in communication and how to deal with them – Non Violent Communication and Cognitive-Behavioral model (3h)
Personal and Team Productivity
- How to effectively form a habit (1.5h).
- Being productive vs being busy – proactive approach, real and fake goals for a year, quarter, week and a day (2h).
- Distractions and strategies to deal with them (1h).
- Managing e-mail and calendar – hands-on session (2.5h).
I as a Leader
- Strengths, personality, how am I seen by others – discussion on personality tests results (1.5h)
- Learning and teaching effectively, Kolb cycle, learning styles (2h)
- Creating messages that stick (2h)
- Public speaking (1.5h)
How to never stop growing
- Personality and strengths at work (1.5h)
- SCARF model – how to open and close communication. (2h).
- Summary – communication workshops based on 1:1 conversations (3h)
- Periodic reviews and program closing (1h)